Sunday, November 28, 2010

Not a brownie, but....

Today I tried out another recipe in the new brownie pan. Instead of brownies, though, I went with cookie bars - chocolate chip cookie bars. I'm putting this one in the success column. (Though I think I need to buy new brown sugar as the stuff I used was all dried out.)

The recipe: For the chocolate chip cookie bars, I used the recipe that I found on the back of the Ghiradelli bittersweet chips that I bought for last week's brownie recipe. It's a pretty standard cookie recipe - butter, sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, vanilla, choco chips. The yield on the recipe was four dozen, though, so I cut it in half. (Luckily I have a conversion chart, so I could easily half 3/4 of a cup.)

The results: The bars tuned out thick, crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. I'm glad I halved the recipe. Overall, they turned out yummy, if you like a crispy & chewy cookie, which I do.

Bottom line: Good. I would make these again. I just hope they age well. My concern is that they may be rocks tomorrow...

1 comment: